1. What do I bring to the contest?
* Please bring the email confirmation to the contest.
* Must come dressed in black with your active wear underneath
* Remember to come with high heels.
* If you have a portfolio, comp cards or modeling resume, please bring with you.
* Wear Activewear under your clothing.
2. What are the competing categories?
* Runway walk
* Overall appearance/look
3. How is the scoring conducted?
* 9-10 = Excellent
* 7-8 = Very Good
*5-6 = Good
* 3-4 = Average
* 1-2 = Below Average
4. How do the awards work?
After everyone has done Runway and Activewear we will announce a top 5 and winner in each category and then a overall winner of the day
5. How do I know what category I'm in ?
The categories are Runway, Plus size and Petite in Teen and Adult.
Runway is 5’6″ Tall & over,
Plus size is Ladies 14 and above approx.
Petite is 5’5″ Tall & under.
These are just guidelines if you are unsure, and not judgment on your talent and ability as a model
6. Teen must have an adult with them at all times at Live events and National finals .
A few FAQ :
1. Can I be married ? Yes you can.
2. Can I have a child? yes you can
3. What do I wear at the regional live event ? The website has this answer , anything black with active wear underneath .
4. What is active wear ? Anything sporty you would wear to gym leggings, shorts, booty shorts, singlets, crop tops ect.
5. Can I enter the photo comp and if I dont get a place in the Nationals can I enter the live event in my town ? yes
6. What do I do at the live event ? Think of it like a casting . you will bring your rego email and be given a number and walk up and down for the judges then change and do the same . Winners will then be announced shortly after .
7. Is there any agency attached to this comp? No none at all . So anyone from any agency can enter (please discuss with your agent)
8. What do we win ?
Online photo comp: Sash and crown sent to you and fast track entry to our National final
Regionals : Sash and crown and Prize package and entry to the National final . Top 5 will also be able to attend nationals.
Nationals: One overall winner will win a trip to the USA to compete in the National final USA. Where that winner will get $5000US and a prize package.
9. Where and when are the National finals ?
September 22/23 2018 in Melbourne . $350 to enter and includes a full day of training in runway, working in front of a camera, casting and audition technique and more.
10. Can teen under 18 enter ? yes from 13 . Parents must also give written permission to enter and be present at the events.
11. info at www.missfashionweekaustralia.com
Thanks for all the interest